Mybooklive Won't show a green light- Won't connect to drive, or show up in network

Hello all,

I’ve been having this problem for only a short amount of time, but I really would like to have some help on this please!

Our computer crashed awhile back, so it took literally everything off of it, so I had to reinstall everything. My father wanted me to reinstall the Mybook live, and in my attempts, I keep on running into a problem during the second step of setup; connecting your drive. I made sure that everything was plugged in properly and everything, but there’s still no green light showing, and it still says that it cannot find the network, so it doesn’t show up in the drive or anything. I’m not sure how to fix this; I’ve tried unplugging it and then replugging it back in- I’ve plugged it into the router we have- still nothing. I’ve also plugged it into the modem as well, and it still does not show a green light. Now, the back of the ethernet cable shows an amber light, and a blinking green light, and I’m not sure what that all means. All I know is that I can’t figure out why Mybooklive is not connecting to my drive :frowning: Please and thank you, help!

Hi,

Check the suggestions on the link below, it might help you.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5679/related/1/session/L2F2LzMvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzgyOTk2MjA1L3NpZC91SVNQcFlEbA%3D%3D