Mybook live slow speed due to connector

I read several posts about slow network connections with the mybook live. I recently got a RMA disk and found my networkspeed to be 10MB/s. The connectionled on the back emitted orange light, so that is an 10/100MB connection as with the same cable my other mybooklive had 1GB connection.

After fiddeling and pushing the network connector upward, the connection immedeately weht to 1GB/s with a green status light. When I let go of the cable, the connection was lost again and a moment later back to 10/100MB…

Now I know this, I connected the disk so the connector stays in the right position and I have 1GB connection.

So I guess the solution that WD gives is not allways the cable to be replaced, but also a crappy network port.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi, did you verified if the problem continues with another Ethernet cable? 

Yes, I tried the one shipped with it and several other cables.

It only connects at 1GB/s if I press the connector in some way…

Look inside the cable jack on the MBL to see if any of the eight pins are out of alignment, flattened, or bent.

Already did that. I allso widened the gaps on the connector with a nail file so the springconnector as more space to touch the connector pins on the cable.

I had it running on 1GB for a few minutes, but when I see the lights on the back of the MBL, it’s orange again…

Perhaps the connector is not connected to the board properly. 

I have several devices, 2 routers in my network and they connect all with 1GB/s, but the MBL… 

Perhaps if I try to study when the MBL connects with 1GB/s more, I can see a pattern.

-edit- Nope, still no good when I don’t touch the connector…