MyBookLive will NOT connect to network (green LED flashes constantly)

I have a 1TB MyBookLIve and it has always (until recently) connected wirelessly to my network and MacBook (now running Yosomeite). The power was disconnected to the router by mistake, when it was re-connected the MyBookLive would not connect to the network, it just flashed the green LED. I have tried the resent button over and over again, turned it off/on and left it off and left it on overnight… can anyone help? 

Hello,

Have you tried plugging the My Book Live directly to your computer? Also, you can try resetting the router and trying again.

I’m having the same issue.  The lights on the back at the ethernet port are good.  Bottom solid, top flashing.  Likewise, the port indicator on the router is flashing indicating activity.  However, the light on the light on the front will initially turn blue and after a while will turn red.  Again after some time it will turn blue.  It never turns green.  What does this mean?

Also, yes I’ve tried power cycling all the networking gear.  I tried connect the WD device directly to the PC, but I don’t see the point of that.  Wouldn’t you need a cross-over cable to make that an effective solution?