Regular Visitor
dpalmer

MyBookLive cannot connect wireless with Windows 8

I can't connect to MyBookLive using my laptop running Windows 8 when using the wireless connection. Works OK when wired via ethernet. Can connect OK with another laptop running Windows XP via wireless. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Staff
Ichigo

Re: MyBookLive cannot connect wireless with Windows 8

Check if you have the latest firmware version installed. Check the link below for the steps.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

Click the Kudos star on the left to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Regular Visitor
dpalmer

Re: MyBookLive cannot connect wireless with Windows 8

Thanks for the reply, but it did not solve my issue. I did download the patch and force the MyBookLive to the DLNA media server. I still cannot connect or install on my Windows 8 laptop using a wireless connection. Install OK when ethernet wired, but will not read the drive. I have an older XP laptop that reads the MyBookLive OK when connected to local network via wireless.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD