MyBookLive backup does not add new files/directories to existing backups

Hi Everyone, 

I have purchased a new MyBookLive and set it up to back up a directory structure. It did the initial backup and I can see the files that it backed up in the SmartWare share. Then I added some files/directories to the original directory and expected that they will find their way into the backup on MyBookLive, when the backup happens. I tried to do a manual backup, it lasted for a few seconds and stopped, no files were added to the backup. Since then I tried backups on schedule, continuous backups, etc … - no result - nothing is added.  

Ideally I’d like to have backups done at night. How do I fix this? How do I monitor it to make sure that files are backed up, short of manually checking every day?

Please advise. 

Thanks.

when you go back into the section of the smartware program where you select which files and folders should be backed up, do those new folders have a checkbox next to them?

Also, the button the the backup tab should say “stop backup”.  That would mean it’s actively backing up, or on the look out. 

Yes, that’s how it, but it is not picking up new files if you just let it back up on schedule or force a manual backup. 

How does it figure out what needs to be backed up? Is there any way to check what it thinks the status of a file is and see why it does not back it up?

Thanks

on my pc it’s fairly active at crawling the checked folders.  If I create a new folder in my photos library, and then wait a few seconds and try to rename it, the OS will tell me it can’t be renamed, because it’s already being copied by smartware to the drive.  If I wait another couple seconds I can rename it.  I move new photos to it, and within a minute it will start backing up.