MyBook Live not showing up

I have the 3TB MyBook Live, it is hooked to my laptop with an ethernet cable. Ever since I took it to another computer to transfer files, my computer will not recognize it or if it does I get this:

Windows cannot access \MyBookLive

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network.

Error code: 0x80070043

The network name cannot be found.

I never had a problem with it before, the first time I hooked it up it created a network name and IP address and all that.

Now when I hook it up, the icon flashes for a second in the “My Network Places” window and then disappears. It used to be “drive Z:” and now I can’t even see if it is connected. Please help!!!

I tried downloading the WD Link Software, but it doesnt detect the drive either.

It sounds like an IP addressing issue, and hopefully it is something simple like that.

Can you try holding the Reset button for 4 seconds (that or 10, I don’t remember). It will not harm your data. The Reset only removes the Admin password from the UI and resets the Network Configs to default.

While the drive is booting up reboot your computer as well. To refresh everything.

If your network configuration was changed, this should fix it.

If it does not fix the problem, can you provide some more information?:

Can you discribe how you have it connected? Is the drive directly connected to your computer, or are both connected to a router/switch?

What version of Windows are you using?

When the drive was connected to the other network, were any setup changes required?

Is the light on the drive Green or another color?