MyBook Live & Network Printer

ok see here is what i want to do. I am using the MyBook Live to replace a windows server in a small office. They jsut were using the server for file storage so it was really overkill. They have a network printer there (Konica Bizhub c353) that currently has a scan to option that scans to an ip address which points to a folder called Scan on the server. My question if i point to printer to scan to the ip address and folder name of the mybook live would it store it in that folder or would there be some sort of problem with the printer seeing the mybook like or logging in to that folder since it will be a private folder. I hope that was clear enough. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

If the Konica is just mounting the remote disk via SAMBA, it ought to work fine, but that’s a big “IF” you’ll need to investigate.

well the only thing i know is, that after looking in the konica scan settings. it is ppointing to 192.168.1.101 which is the address of the current windows server. on the sever there is a share called scan that the konica is set to scan directly to. There is an option in the konic settings right under where the ip address goes to put user name and password where the server user name and password goes. So in theory im figuring if i put a WD my book created users name and password there it should work the same way? Thats what im hoping at least

Sounds like it would work.

The only thing I would worry about is if the printer and the NAS are in different IP networks.

yea ill have them on the same network. the only other thing im looking to do is break the 3 computers from the servers domain and put them all on a seperate workgroup and have the mybook on the same workgroup. so then only their workgroup can see and access the mybook. which im pretty sure is possible with the mybook. I am wanting to do this because these 3 computers that were on the server were basically an office within a larger office. so i was trying to seperate them from the rest of the network and only basically using the larger network for the internet access.