MyBook Live Setup

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me and I am sorry if I am not technical at all, but I just can’t figure this out. I have a MyBook Live and it had been working fabulously over the last year. There was a firmware update that came out a few months ago. I remember it telling me that it would change the interface to non-miosnet and that I wouldn’t be able to go back to miosnet. Well after it did the update, the MyBook Live restarted but there is no LED light (front) at all to tell me whether or not it is functioning properly. The hard drive itself seems to be doing something as there is movement when you touch it but I can’t tell what it’s doing exactly.

I have a Macbook Pro. When I go tot he old icon to connect to the drive, I click on “Dashboard” but everytime I do it tells me that:

"Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /UI on this server."

I don’t know how else to access this drive. I have gone into Bonjour which will show me that the drive exists (so I am guarenteed that it is at least working) but I can’t access my personal shares at all. I tried downloading the WD Smartware butt only shows me my computer’s hard drive and does not recognize that there is an external one out there. I do not know what else to do, so I am hoping someone might be able to either walk me through what I should have done to connect to it, or maybe point me to the right article?

Thank you!

Hi, follow the steps from the link below.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2686/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0MDU3MjkxNS9zaWQvU1hPWjV2X2s%3D