MyBook Live Private Share - Win7

Hi,

When I create a private share via the dashboard I come to try and log in with the user details (admin) and it comes up with some sort of permision error (sorry not got the exact details at the min). I am typing the username and password I set to the user via the dashboard.

I  can connect via finder in OSX, so its just not letting me in via windows.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Please post the exact error message.

Here is the error message.

Please post the text because we can’t see the picture until a moderator approves it.

It’s because Windows has trouble with multiple connections to the same network device. If you want to access a share that’s private, you’ll have to remove the password Windows has associated with the drive first. You can do this a couple of ways. The easiest is to restart Windows after disconnecting all “Mapped Network Drives.” The fastest way is to create an elevated command prompt and type (without the quotes) “net use /del *”

type “Y” when it asks if you’re sure.

You’ll then need to reconnect directly to the private share by typing \mybooklive\sharename in the search box under Start (or Run if you use the old school theme). It should then accept your password.

Thanks for the reply, i’ll give it a go :slight_smile:

Work a treat, thank you very much :slight_smile:

No problem! Hey btw – it helps the board out a ton if you mark responses as answers. That way other users can find their issue and see that it’s solved. :slight_smile: