My book live never sleeps

suley,

See my posting of 26 Oct 2011. My MBL 3 TB is running the latest F/W (02.03.01-024 of 25 Oct 2011) and it will not reliably go into sleep mode (standby).  I have never added ANY files to it. Media, ftp and remote access are all disabled and the browser is not accessing the DashBoard. With standby set for 10 minutes the drive will still not sleep for longer than 61 seconds at 10 minute intervals. The 61 seconds is the period that the Blue LED is on. The actual drive spindown period  (as determined by listening to the drive) is much shorter - on the order of 1 or 2 seconds. The drive was received with F/W 02.01.06-026 installed and it did not sleep as received. It did not sleep after update to F/W 02.02.02-020 that supposedly fixed the standby problem. It still does not sleep with the latest F/W (02.03.01-024) but I was not expecting that this would fix the problem as that F/W release was advertised as a security fix. I have not had any reply from WD staff as to whether they are still actively looking into this problem. I hope that they are still working on this problem as I consider the drive unusable while this problem still exists.