My book live never sleeps

I had the problem with the two most recent versions of the firmware (including the current version). I also had it with a version prior to those but I’m not sure exactly which version that was.

I’ve not added any media to the drive recently. I also tried turning remote access off but to no avail. Admittedly, I didn’t reboot the drive after turning it off - perhaps I should try that.

Even when my computer is turned off, the drive stays awake.

I have it connected to an Apple Airport Extreme base station, and notice (like another user above) that there is intermittent communication between the AEBS and the drive as indicated by the flashing LAN light. It flashes 2-3 times every 5 seconds or so. I think that’s what’s keeping it awake but I"m not sure how to stop it.

I have a WD TV Live that is linked to the My Book Live via the AEBS both wirelessly and via ethernet over power, but I leave it off (standby) when not in use and I assume when the WD TV Live is off the network link is no longer active? I’ll also try deactivating the EoP link and unplugging the WD TV Live to see if that solves the problem.