My Book Live won't Index all pictures

I loaded a few thousand pictures on My Book Live (3T router hookup). At first it indexed most folders and I could see them through WD Photos on my phone. After several days waiting for more, I rebuilt the database and then had fewer pictures. Waited 2 weeks for the system to work - no luck. Finally I deleted many of the folders that weren’t showing up and rebuilt the database. My plan was to add folders slowly so the system could catch up. Now after 2 days I have 684 pictures listed on WD Photos app. Yet I have 840 in just one folder. What gives?  

Hello,

As a recommendation, make sure that you are using the latest firmware version on the device and you can try to reinstall the WD Photo app.

1 Like

The firmware is up to date and I have even reinstalled WD Photos. Support had me reset the media server from Twonky to DLNA. After that I restarted my phone and only had about 180 photos. Then the number slowly grew during the day until it hit 690. The next day it went to 693 and has stayed there for several days.

I’m thinking about deleting one of the photos it knows about and seeing what MBL does. WD2GO has all the photos but doesn’t show thumb nails like WD Photos.

Increase the cache for WD Photos on your device. 

To do this on iOS, goto Settings, scroll down to WD Photos, click on it and select 5GB from the dropdown list. It might be wise to also clear your cache so it forces WD Photos to re-query the MBL. Ensure you do this on the same Network as your MBL.

Thanks, but I have done that 4GB , deleted and reinstalled the APP, rebooted the drive,  and rebuilt the database. Currently it built up to 690 pictures for WD Photos although I have well over 1000. Green/blue light was flashing today as if MBL was doing something.  But after 2 days, the number of pictures in WD Photos has not increased.

I even tried deleting 2 pictures but that didn’t make MBL reindex. I know building the index for WD Photos has a low priority in the software.   But I’m not using it for anything but storage.

Found a post from 2011 with the same problem - for him it was solved by turning off remote access overnight but the method did not work for me. I did that last night and still am at 609 photos. When I first set the drive up it showed over 1400 photos out of several thousand.  I have even deleted several folders that were not being indexed.

The green light flashes randomly as if the drive is being accessed or working on something. I am not accessing it and it is not being used for backup so it shouldn’t be blinking should it?

Here is what support has had me do over the past couple of weeks. 

Change from Twonky Server to DLNA Server.

Rebuild the database several times.

Reboot several times.

Disable and reable remote access several times.

Anyone from WD out there?

Solved - in a way. Level 2 support decided to have me exchange the drive. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

New drive has same issues. I’m using 2 android phones and 1 ipod touch.  Have spoken with level 2 support too many hours with no solution. Looking at the forums, it appears that many others have the same issues.