My Book Live disconnecting from Samsung Blu ray player during playback

Hi everyone, bear with me as I have very little idea of what I’m actually talking about. I have a 2TB My Book Live firmware version 02.42.03-027 using WD’s DLNA Media Server version 2.3.0.12093. 

I’m trying to stream video from by drive to my tv using my E5900 Samsung Blu Ray player but it keeps disconnecting during playback, sometimes it’s fine, other times it get 20 minutes into what I’m watching and it’ll just disconnect. I’ve turned off Hard Disk Sleep and still ran into the problem. 

I’ve been able to stream from my Nexus 4 (mostly to test and see if I ran into any disconnects that way) without incident thus far.

From what I’ve been reading Samsung seems to have a lot of issues playing nice with things, as anyone run into this issue or have any insights?

ETA: I’m wondering if the disconnection is a wireless issue? Just now on my Nexus the video paused a couple times, got a bit choppy and the video stopped and I got a pop up that “can not play media”. I’m about to test my LAN speed and I’ll edit in the results.

ETA2: According to LAN Speed Test I have a writing speed of 7.32Mbps and a reading speed of 5.15Mbps, of course I have no idea what sort of baring these numbers have on streaming… or if these speeds are thre reason I’m disconnecting at times. 

Hello, if you are using a wireless connection, how strong is the wireless signal you get? Also as a troubleshooting step, you can try using another Ethernet cable. 

My wireless signal is Good, I’m getting 4 bars out of 5. Unfortunately my router in the basement and I’m on the second floor so it’s not really possible to run a cable at the moment up to my room to the blu ray player to see if that’s the problem (and there isn’t a tv down there to hook the blu ray player to).  Nothing else connected to the wirelss intermittently disconnects like this so I don’t think it’s the signal strenght? I’ve been able to watch Netflix from the blu ray player without issue for example. It’s only when I try to browse through files on my MBL or watch a video that it will suddently disconnect.