My Book Live can't remote access on internet

When I update firmware to version 2.x it can’t remote access it’s has show error message "

You don’t have permission to access /UI on this server." I try use function WD2go.com but it’s not work because the internet university must have user authentication then I login to WD2go.com it show device offline. Can I have new firmware or method to use my book live on internet same firmware version 1.x (Forwarding Virtual Servers on my router)

You’re on a university network?   If so, you won’t be able to access it from a different IP subnet.

My book live have IP 10.243.66.1 subnet 255.255.255.0 in my room. But when I use on other place in university I get IP 10.66.243.x subnet 255.255.255.0 . When I remote with IP 10.66.243.250(Forwarding Virtual Servers on my router)  it can’t remote access it’s has show error message "

You don’t have permission to access /UI on this server." This problem have not on firmware 1.x. Can you modify firmwave newversion to support this function for me?

May be my book live require user authentication internet university.

It’s possible to change the firmware (Debian Linux) to remove this limitation:

To enable SSH access to the NAS, go to this page: http://your_mbl_address/UI/ssh

In the file “/etc/network/if-up.d/local-net”, comment the following line with a “#”:
     # echo “Allow from $LOCAL_NET.” >> “${TMP_ALLOW_FILE}”
and add the following line:
     echo “Allow from all” >> “${TMP_ALLOW_FILE}”
Then run the script “/etc/network/if-up.d/local-net” to apply the change.

This change should persist over time and reboot. Maybe a firmware update will require repeat the procedure.

P. S. Use “nano” as a text editor