Occasional Advisor
Rudy24
Accepted Solution

My Book Live backup / Computer backup

Hi

Does the "My Book Live backup" software/utility have the smarts to remove files from the backup on the next backup if they are removed from the NAS?

Also...

Does the "Computer backup"  software/utility have the smarts to remove files from the backup on the next backup if they are removed from the NAS?

Cheers

Rick

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Re: My Book Live backup / Computer backup

Hi, if you are referring to Smartware, it wont delete files from the backup, is the same for windows backup. Both are backup programs not sync programs. 

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Advisor
Rudy24

Re: My Book Live backup / Computer backup

Ok thanks.  I have installed WD Anywhere Backup for the computer backups as it has the "Purge Deleted Files" option.  Regarding the NAS backup I will just "re"backup the NAS every now and then.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD