My Book Live LAN and Wirelss Transfer Speed?

I am curious as to what LAN and Wireless transfer speeds has everyone here been experiencing.  Please share.  Thanks.

I get the max actual speeds, on Wireless G and N. But it will vary as all networks are different.

Here is a link explaining the speeds (max vs actual):

http://www.speedguide.net/faq_in_q.php?qid=374

Hi,

I have mine connected to Gigabit router (Netgear WNDR4500) and have wireless N connection to my router from my laptop. The best transfer rate I can get is aroung 5 MB/s.

Not sure if this is normal or not?

Thanks for any comments.

From the link:

802.11n - 40-50 Mbps typical

40Mbps = 5MB

50Mbps = 6.25MB

Just divide Mbps by 8.

BTW… wifi speed/singal/strenght/issues/etc, are NOT related to MBL.

It is all between those with wifi signals. In a few words, between the wifi client and the wifi router.

Ok sounds like mine is all normal then. Connecting directly to my laptop LAN I got the other day around 50 MBps (or 400 Mbps).

TheEdge wrote:

Ok sounds like mine is all normal then. Connecting directly to my laptop LAN I got the other day around 50 MBps (or 400 Mbps).

Are you using Gigabit or 10/100 LAN?  If gigabit, then does your laptop have Gigabit capability?

I have been getting 2-10 MB/s via wireless-N (connected at 300Mbps).  But 2-3 MB/s on average.  My Surface 2 does not have a LAN port.

Are you using Gigabit or 10/100 LAN?  If gigabit, then does your laptop have Gigabit capability?

Yeh my laptop has got a gigabit ethernet port. Sorry this might be a stupid question but what you mean by having Gigabit capability?

TheEdge wrote:

Yeh my laptop has got a gigabit ethernet port. Sorry this might be a stupid question but what you mean by having Gigabit capability?

I was asking to see if your laptop was 10/100 or 1000 Base-T.  1000 Base-T = Gigabit.