My Book Live Firmware

Now that the My Cloud is the ‘new kid on the block’, does that mean that there will be no more support or firmware upgrades from WD for us still using the My Book Live? 

I did notice that the firmware for the My Cloud is already at V3, yet its only been released!! Does this mean that this firmware will be coming to the My Book Live? The My Book live is at V2.xx, so the next logical step is v3!

Thanks

Lightingman2003 wrote:

Does this mean that this firmware will be coming to the My Book Live? The My Book live is at V2.xx, so the next logical step is v3!

Most likely not.

This probably means that users of the My Book Live will have no official support from WD anymore! 

People, we are on our own!

Yes this is a concern for me considering I only got this about a month ago! TBH, so long as they fix the time machine issues with OSX Mavericks; ie it does not work, then I will be happy enough!

Riscon wrote:

Yes this is a concern for me considering I only got this about a month ago! TBH, so long as they fix the time machine issues with OSX Mavericks; ie it does not work, then I will be happy enough!

Others have reported the Mavericks works fine.

Well I would like to know who, as people on MacRumors have said otherwise!