My Book Live 3TB stops allowing share access

After a while (many hours, less than a day) the shares on MBL stop being accessible, browsable, or visible.

The server name shows up in the Network window. Attempts to double click on it (Vista) brings up “\MYBOOKLIVE is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.” Does not respond to media entry either.

Rebooting only the MBL fixes all the problems for a few hours (computers, routers, and switches left on).

OTHER INFORMATION:

-The IP address is statically assigned in a local network that I completely control.

-I have a MyBookWorld on the same network switch and it has no problems.

-I have 3 computers on the network XP SP3, Vista x64 SP2, Win7 x64 SP1 (all with current Microsoft updates) all with the same symptoms.

-I CAN ping, tracrert, and access the MBL from a web browser. Logging on through the browser (“ http://192.168.2.187”)) shows no errors “Status: Good” and all shares are as they should be.

-MBL Internal Diagnostic Short test and Long test show no errors.

-Both the MBL and MBW are visible in WD Discovery 2.0.0.16. All functions are black for the MBW but only ‘Configure’ and ‘Create Desktop Shortcut’ are active for the MBL (rest are grayed out).

-Attempts to map a network drive (‘\192.168.2.187\public’ or ‘\MYBOOKLIVE\public’) are met with error 0x80070035 or0x80070043.

-I updated the firmware when I bought it 2 week ago (MyBookLive 02.42.03-027 : Core F/W). I did the internal check for updates yesterday (Last Update: Thu 29 Aug 2013 07:18:10 PM EDT).

ALSO TRIED:

I tried disabling Microsoft Securities Essentials, no help.

I stopped and restarted Computer Browser and Server services, no help.

Rebooted computers, no help.

Originally I had a fixed IP address assigned my router through DHCP, switched to internal MBL static address, no help.

Make sure to reset the drive to see if there’s a configuration issue that needs to be cleared.

Doing a reset makes it work for about 5 minutes.

In this case you should try contacting support for additional troubleshooting.

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Update: nothing seemed to help, this unit is being returned for warrentee replacement.