My Book Live 3TB some questions

We use this device as a shared drive across our network.  Recently someone inadvertantly moved a folder, so that brought up these questions.

We have a domain, and all the users can access the drive because it’s mapped as a drive letter (Windows 7 & Vista)
  Other than logging onto the domain, the users do no need to supply a password to access the shared folder on the MBL

1.  Is it possible to lock folders/files from being delted or moved (even if the users can only view them)

2.  I intend to order a My Book Cloud 3 TB to use as a backup for the Sharepoints…is that a viable solution for backing up the My Book Live?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quxote,

If you change permissions within all private shares so Users are only granted read permissions, then it will be possible to prevent them from moving files. However, Users and Shares would need to be created within the WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage system as it can not join to a domain or use domain permissions. The “Public” share will be the only one unable to allow read-only settings.

Microsoft SharePoint is a Web application platform developed by Microsoft, and integrated with Microsoft Office. I would recommend confirming with Microsoft the requirements for storing Microsoft Sharepoint data into a network location.