My Book Live 2TB Doen'st Turn On anymore - Please Help

Hi Everyone,

I am New here and really desperate. I really hope you can help me. I will try to explain what happened as good as possible…

Here is my problem:

• Yesterday, I tried to copy a larger file (20gb) from My Book Live to my Laptop

• 1st Attempt: Error-Message (Red circle with the cross) saying I lost connection to the hard-drive

• 2nd Attempt: Error-Message (Red circle with the cross) saying I lost connection to the hard-drive

• Then I tried to access Video-Files through my TV and the Video worked for about 2 min after it lost connection too

• The LED Light turned Yellow and I heared a clack-clack-clack Sound

So I turned off the the hard-drive via Dashboard as the instruction said and un-plugged all wires.

Then, after 5 minutes I tried to turn the hard drive on again by plugging in everything.

But it just won’t turn ON anymore. No sign of getting Power at all. The LED in the front is off and the lights in the back are also not blinking. No sound at all :frowning:

Please help me, I am really not good at this and have no one that could help me. I only follow instructions and it never fell down or so… I just bought it in September 2013

Thank you very much in advance

Katrine Pinky

I am wondering if this this thread “[GUIDE] How to unbrick a totally dead MBL” might help me?

It might… At least, it might help you recover the data…