Music track order from DLNA media server

Hi,

I recently bought a WD My Book Live 2TB and have since spent many hours ripping my CD collection to MP3 and copying it over to my NAS. I have now started streaming my music on my Pure Oasis Flow and PS3. It all seems to work ok apart from one massively annoying flaw…none of the tracks play in the correct order.

All the albums I have ripped are correctly named 01 Track 1, 02 Track 2 etc. etc. and they all have the track number tag populated. However, no matter what I try, the WD always serves up the tracks in what appears to be alphabetical order i.e. Track 1, Track 10, Track 11, Track 12, Track 2, Track 3…

Streaming music is the primary reason I bought this NAS drive so this is a massive blow. I’m hoping someone can point me towards a setting I have missed to correct this…please!!!

Thanks

Simon

Hello,

try to name them.

track 01, track 02, track 03 etc. etc.

The files are named after the song title. I’m not even sure where Track 1etc is coming from, none of the MP3 metadata contains “Track X”, is this derived from the track # metadata? If so, surely this field is treated as a numeric and should be sorted as such? I don’t understand how this DLNA server is treating the files - anyone care to shed some light on it…all I want to do is listen to an album in the correct order!!!