Music Sharing

OK, just got a new AV receiver that will access the MBL to stream music.  A little advice please.

I use the MBL to backup 4 computers so there is music files from each of the computers in different directories across the MBL, (lots of duplicates as well).

I can stream music from the MBL, but it streams all the music files it finds on the drive…not good.  Is there a way to limit which files get streamed?

I can access the MBL from the receiver, but I’m thinking i need to create yet another copy of the music files and put them in one location and share only that location with the receiver and user access rights(?)

Is it better to have the music “served” to the network from the drive or have the music accessed from the drive?

Hello,

I recommend saving all your music in the public share into the Shared music folder and only share that folder with your receiver… 

Ok, figured out how to restrict serving to just the public share.  Twonky indexed all my music videos and pictures.  How do I create playlists in Twonky.  It seems this is a pared down version versus what runs on a PC.