Multiple Entries For Music Files

Hi: I had one album that was .m4a purchased files on my my book live and my tivoli could not access those files. fair enough. But I converted them to .mp3 and then put those files in the same place and deleted the the old .m4a files.  

Now, when I try to access those files by going “Genre > artist” I get “unavailable, retry”.  When I search for the artist’s name I was getting three different versions of the artist, two of which would return “unavailable, retry” , one of which gets me to the actual music files. 

So they’re there and play-able, and the search function ultimately returns them but there are these “ghost” entries of the old music files that are stuck in the “genre > artist” architecture.  how do I eliminate those? I’ve tried rescanning the library via the dashboard. Do I have to rebuild the library?

Simon

Any help would be really appreciated

So, I got off the phone with phone support, they kindly told me to delete the artist on the mybooklive, recopy the files to it and then do a rescan, not a rebuild. Did that, didn’t work. Should I try a rebuild? 

Is the twonky media server better than the DLNA?

Rebuild should work but if you have a lot of media, it could take awhile to rebuild

Nope: that didn’t work. Problem persists. Does anyone have this problem with the Twonky Media Server? Very frustrating.

Try going to yourmybooklive ip:9000 in a web browser

Click the wrench icon

There are some advanced twonky settings there

Try maintenance and then rescan or rebuild from there

Sorry: I should say, I’m using the DNLA server, not the twonky server. I was just wondering if this is a problem that has also exxisted with the Twonky server.  

Try to disbable the wd server and then enable it again in the dashboard and try a rescan or rebuild again

I solved my own problem by switching back to the Twonky Media Server. It’s *way* better.