MBL too slow after some time, always blinking (green) even if no device is using it

Hey guys!

The thing is my MBL (3Tb) is always  doing something (blinking green light), even when every device is turned off, so nothing is trying to access any files from it or using it. 

This slows down everything: trying to open any folder (even with two files) takes up to 30 seconds, and syncing a phone or a tab takes up to an hour when just trying to add one song.

This started after maybe 4 or 5 months of using MBL, all of a sudden. When I got too sick of it, I tried deleting of the partitions, tweaking some parameters, too make this long story short, made a lot of weird changes, after which the problem appeared to be solved. However, after one month it resurfaced again (and again, all of a sudden, nothing was changed or updated).

I’m really sick of it, so I would be so grateful if somebody could help me with this issue.

That’s the idle bug some people had with the MBL never going to sleep. You tried checking with media servers and remote access off?

Media servers are off. I can’t check with remote access off, since I won’t have any access to the drive - but mobile and web remote access is off.