MBL not recognised on desk top but operating on laptop and visible via WD2Go

Hi everyone, 

I have tried to install ( a number of times!!) a MyBookLive  2TB on my home system running Win7 Home Premium.

System is running via a BT 3 hub and operates wirelessly to connect a desk top laptop, sonos music system Ipad iphones etc.

The device is visible and working on my laptop but on my desktop I can see it in the network viewer.  However when I click on the drive the device page never loads.  Also it is visible in WD Net but it is not possible to select it to map the drive.  The mapping option remains greyed out.

I have Network Discovery on, media sharing is on.  In a previous post I noted that a problem had been identified with the device and some aspect of Norton.  I have been working with Norton Techs to resolve the matter but without success even when Norton was completely uninstalled.

It also works when hard wired to the laptop but not when hard wired to the desktop

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Hello, you can try using the WDlink tool. Follow the link below for the steps.

Mapping a drive letter on a WD Network hard drive using WD Link 

Also, ensure that your desktop and the MBL are on the same Windows Workgroup, devices running on different Windows workgroups have also been shown to cause issues.

You can get to this on the MBL through utlities under the UI.