MBL no green light but can access through UI on pc

Had it for around a year and it’s been fine up to this weekend then the green light at the front stopped flashing and now there is no light at’ll.  The device is running as I can access it through the UI and access the files on my pc.  However it will not show up on my samsung tv or ipad (using goodplayer) where it has always worked before.  The device does show on them but when I try to access it, there are no folders or files.

Have tried updating MBL to the latest firmware, resetting, powering it on and off and no luck.  Oddly changing the ehternet cable to a spare one stopped it connecting to the wifi at’ll so I can only assume it’s a spare faulty ehternet cable so popped the original one back in and connects to the wifi problem.

Do any colors on the LED work? For example the blue or yellow or red. Some of these colors would be seen by rebooting the drive. What media server are you using on the MBL, Twonky or the WD one? It could be the LED’s burned out (Some of mine have on the drive)

As far as media not showing up you may need to rebuild your library in Twonky or the WD DLNA app

None of the colours work.  The server on the pc is the WD one but whenever i’ve played stuff through the tv or ipad it uses the twonky one.

What exactly do you mean by rebuild library and how?

Try doing a search for twonky rebuild or twonky rescan in this forum

For the WD server I think people have simply stopped and started the server in the dashboard to get to working… I’m no expert on either server as I use NFS shares to stream all of my media at the moment

Ya, I have two of these things.  On one the light works while the other it only worked for a time after a several hour power outage.  I’ve tried shutting it off for a few hours and restarting.  The light works during boot, but then just shuts off at some point.  It’s a bit irritating, but the thing keeps working.

a lot of us had the led go bad.  first my green went out.  then the blue went dim.  Now I have nothing.  but my MBL has been problem free for years now.

Same here on the LED. Mine has been out for well over a year.