MBL, Not Working,Solid Blue then Quick Red LED blink

My MBL seems to have stopped working as of last night.  It has a solid BLUE light but blinks quickly as RED then goes back to solid BLUE. I am hoping the fact it isnt solid red means the drive is still alive.

Unfortunately I cannot connect to the MBL.  It appears in “My Computer” but is “unaccessable” and the computer acts like it cannot find it. I cannot access it through the http://mybooklive either.  My WD SmartWare shows nothing but “about WD SmartWare” option with nothing about the dashboard or anything. 

I don’t know what to do.  Neither of our phones will connect to it, nor will my PC and the MAC is blind to the drive all together. 

…?help?..

Sounds like you hvae a failed drive.  But frist you should try a reset just in case.  Power up MBL, wait until blue light. Then press and hold rest button on the rear of the device for 5 seconds.  The MBL will reboot and reset itself. You will not lose any data. 

If this doesn’t work, then you have to take the drive out of the enclosure and connect it to your PC with a SATA cable and get the data off that way (if possible). 

Remember, drives fail. That is a fact of life.  Hope you have a backup.  If you have the MBL Duo, then you could just pull out the bad drive and drop in a new one without losing anything.

I got the same situation. The worst part is that I had 2 separate Net Drives (like a [poor man’s RAID) and both failed at the same time. Weird. All my data isapparently gone. I already opened one of them and tried the HDD. Dead. I’m afraid the second one will be dead too. And they were not purchased at the same time.