MBL 2TB can't copy/ move large size files from share folder to another?!

i just bought MBL 2TB few Weeks ago  the reason is that i have a MBWEII 2tb and it was bricked with the infamous buggy update that ruined lots of userss HDDs and data … any way i didn’t learn from my mistake and yet bought another WD product -“last time i swear” - and with help from customer service in fourms i used fedora to acces one of the hdd from the my book world edition II “the second one is history after the update” and i managed to copy my data from ,y book world edition II to my book live 2TB throught network with no problem including video files as large as 15GB mkv one file movies… but now i try to move them around on my book live from the share i created first time i transferd them to other shares public shares “Movies, Audio, etc…” but i can’t copy or move large files as 7 GB, 15 GB files etc…, i can’t even move them around in the same share folder, not even copy them to external USB drive!!! … how can i fix this problem?

Need more info.

How are you trying to do the Moves?

What happens when you try?

i’m using my laptop with wifi and try to copy “ctrl+c” from a private share folder “already logged in no problem” and try to paste ctrl+v it to a public share also on MBL2TB  … there is no problem when i try to copy/move smaller size files but larger files i get msg 

( An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file, if you continue to recieve this error you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x800700DF: the file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved. )

Ugh…  

Sounds like you’re another victim of the mysterious WEBDAV issue.

Open up a “cmd” window and issue the command

“net use”

If any of the lines related to the MBL shares say “Web Client Network,” then the above is true.

Tony, I am not familiar with the webdav issue and so you might be right… Looking at how he is trying to copy though, it could be Windows giving a problem.

If I am correct, when you copy a file from share to share the data goes from the original share to the copying device ( your computer ) then to the destination share ((e.g. MBL/Public >> Computer >> MBL/Public/Movies )).

Trying to do this on a wireless network would be a recipe for disaster with very large amounts of data.

Try connecting to a wired network, or just run a cable from the network port on the My Book Live to the network port on your computer. This might solve the issue.

i did as you said and this is the result :

Status                        Local                Remote                                                       Network

OK                              X:                      \MyBookLive\Public                                  Microsoft Windows Network
                                                             \MYBOOKLIVE\kk                                      Web Client Network

The command completed successfully.

so looks like i do have this WEBDAV issue you talked about … but how can i fix it ? … ps: when i go to the “NETWORK” folder from desktop i can see “TWO”  MBL2tb not just one as it should and they are both named “MYBOOKLIVE” which is the name for MBL2tb … one of them takes me to an empty MYBOOKLIVE and the other is the MBL 2tb!!!.. thought this might be of relevance 

Chaos:  That’s absoultely true, as well. 

Kareem:

Close all the open Windows that are using that share.

Then in a cmd window, execute the command

net use \mybooklive\kk /delete

and that will drop the connection.

Try connecting again.

If it doesn’t work, repeat the above, but REBOOT your PC before you try to reconnect.

@TonyPh12345 … is this solution to fix the file copy problem … or just for the duplicated drive name in the “NETWORK” folder?

It’s the solution to drop the WebDAV mount and mount as CIFS (Windows Share) instead.

The other things are symptoms.

i tried it  before and after restarting but still the same problem !!!

Exactly what steps are you doing to establish these mounts?

Be as explicit as you can.

i did as mentioned above 

Closed all the open Windows that are using that share.

Then in a cmd window, executed the command

net use \mybooklive\kk /delete

Tried connecting again.

it didn’t work, i repeated the above, before trying to reconnect i restarted my laptop then navigated to the private “KK” share folder and eneterd the username and password “twice!” … tried to copy but still the same problem

Kareem wrote:

it didn’t work, i repeated the above, before trying to reconnect i restarted my laptop then navigated to the private “KK” share folder and eneterd the username and password “twice!” … tried to copy but still the same problem

Bingo.   I’ve seen that happen, too, if the first time didn’t work, the second time does and connects via WEBDAV.

Do the DELETE as described above, then try connecting this way, instead:

in CMD window:

net use X: \\mybooklive\sharename

Change X: to whatever drive letter you want to use.

that worked :slight_smile:  thanks … but will i have to do that every now and then? or just once per pc?

i have the exact same problem.  unforunately your solution does not seem to be working well for me… can’t delete the drive

Status       Local     Remote                    Network

Y:        \MYserver\Public         Web Client Network
The command completed successfully.

OK, so i have this webdav problem? 

C:\Users\Name>net use \MYserver\Public /delete
The network connection could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2250.

I think the syntax for the delete is 

net use y: /delete

well, that worked i was able to delete drive and the create it on a different drive letter.

then i used net use command again… and what do you know… still says web client network … so still have webdav problem??

If you are not using WD2Go then stop and disable Window’s “WebFolders” service.  See how that works.

I’m going to see if I can fudge an Apache2 configuration that denies WebDAV to any IP address on the local subnet.  If possible then that would fix this WebDAV getting in the way problem once and for all.