MBL 2T_ AP1NC remote access problems setup and strange error messages

Hi there Starting from: I’m new but I’m trying … I have the next situation. Recently bought a WDMBL 2T, and read some about it. Problem 1. Have one ipcam(IP207W), it have the possibility to store on NAS or storage(microSD). On mSD works great, but on NAS can’t use it. It have also the possibility to ftp sending but I’m not tried this yet. Second and the most important, for remote access- the main purpose I bought it, can’t find a solution. It is connected on a LAN, behind a router Linksys WRT-160NL flashed with DD-wrt w24-sp2_08/07/10 std. DHCP is enable and IP is assign over MAC. I’m familiar with configuring for remote access(rdp,ftp/ipcams/mobile devices/game servers/ an so) , but this WDMBL … makes me not so proud being a customer! UPnP : enable and used with other devices: ipcams. The OS: Microsoft 7 Ultimate or XP Pro SP3 Installation goes well … access from LAN as well, also from WE\Network, or browser(MF,Safari, IE9, GC) and from quick view , too Over the Internet … pfff … first I tried with default settings, nothing. I read about the necessary of manual config of network and remote access. Done that: Changed from DHCP to Manual, fill all the correct information, on the remote access, change to manual,too.Fill the exact ip/ports as in router … and first sign: Connection Status: Failed - Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520) OR Connected (Relay connection established) Port forwarding failed to connect on port xxxxx and port yyyyy . (Error 31526) I even try with default ports80/443 and I’ve got the same … message. On automatic I saw two states: Connected or Connected (Relay connection established) For best performance, enable UPnP on your router to establish a direct connection.- even though i have it enabled for so long now . If I try to connect over the Internet , using default connection options(meaning network setting manual and for remote access- automatic(the only way I got the state connected), I got 403Forbbiden page with : Forbidden You don’t have permission to access /UI on this server. In the UPnP routers panel I saw both:WD2go, and WD2goSSL but with default port, even when I put the manual ones. Third: on the user manual I saw a timeline for sleeping period … I don’t have such even when is enable.Only enable/disable possibility. I search for updates and … I’m already updated :smiley: my firmware version is: MyBookLive 02.11.09-053 : Core F/W, Last update : Fri 13 Apr 2012 09:21:36 PM EEST Another situation, right now have it: even though I got the GOOD state in network menu, I tried now to search for updates and got, surprise: Error: 31109 - No Internet access. Check your network and try again. )=)) unbelievable, pff I think mine is broken or something, after all good reviews read about WD NAS devices … can’t imagine this is what they talk about. I’m curios about the feedback my message will have and thanks for your involvement. Sorry about the spelling mistakes … isn’t my native language :wink: PS - I ask an admin/op, if there is a thread already opened about this to move the message there. 10x

Is there anyone?! In the meantime I tried to do a full diagnostic test, and … got stuck at 40%, 4 times now… pfff

Let me ask you something that is not very clear on the post. Are you able to access the drive from a computer MAC or PC? Also are you able to access remotely to the unit using the WD2GO app. or nothing at all?

By any chance, have you tried disabling the router firewall?

I have access to it from LAN: from windows explorer-mapped drive, network - i saw it like a shared device, too. From WAN i can access it only if I use Automatic Connection for remote access and use WD2GO.com. I make some tests with router firewall on/off, too but it acts the same- HTTP 403 Forbidden — This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage, says IE :slight_smile: About self diagnostic test, if I choose full test, it get stuck. Failed message appear at 40-50%. never goes higher. 10x for trying, need it :wink: Like I sad in my previous post, something is strange about it: so friendly menu and so few possibilities to configure but such a lot time for getting well done, if i’ll reach that point though :)) Access it from wd2go was not my purpose. It is been used by persons, with no so many IT skills and … and access from a FTP account or browser ,it has been used and well accepted. I understand the security level that wants to be reached but …give me the possibility to choose. Let me concern about security if i don’t want to use your option.

Do you know if there is a live support, that can be used for a check up or guidance? I’m still trying to fix it. The last firmware doesn’t solve it!

10x

I don’t get it!   If there are so many users, with so many … “privileges”, how come I don;t get any answer? Is this the right community, or I choose the wrong vendor!? Again, those simple steps for configuring network and remote acces were done. The router, UPnP, Port forwarding and so configured, still can’t acces it from WAN. still not finishing the full test, stil WD…