MB Live 2TB is not waking up; blue light only

Hi, 

after reading the forums for 3 hrs I dont know what to do.

I have a MB Live 2TB that has been working fine till some days ago. Now I cant access it anymore. It doesnt show up on my MAC mini (snow leopard), my Mac Air or on a Windows (XP). The drive shows the blue light which periodically show every minute or so a yellow light for a second. The drive is spinnig and clicking. It seems that somehow it cant wake up.

Any ideas?

IF not - any ideas how I can recover the data from the drive?

Thx,

Thomas

Hi there, did you try changing the power adapter or a reset?

You can try TesDisk for data recovery if the drive itself is not the problem, and it’s free.

no, I did not try to change the power adapter. Will I loose all data, if I reset the drive?

taken from the my book live users manual page 111

Resetting the My Book Live 

If you have set a password or a static IP address on My Book Live Dashboard and 

have forgotten it, pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the 

password to the default value of none and to default IP settings. Resetting does not 

erase your files

Resetting the My Book Live If you have set a password or a static IP address on My Book Live Dashboard and have forgotten it, pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the password to the default value of none and to default IP settings. Resetting does not erase your files

yes, rtfm - I agree. I looked it up already and tried to reset it but still - only the blue light blinking. It seems it doesnt reset.

Any more ideas?

I assume that you have unplugged it and left it for a while and then plugged the power back in.

yes, one night (10 hrs). Same result. BLue light; every 30 sec or so a yellow light for a sec. For that time you also have a the light blinking on the back of the unit for the connection / usage. The device is pingable (fix IP adress) but no unit shows up anywhere and of course no UI accessible…

I havent checked a second power cable as I dont have one over the weekend here, but since the device seems to be pingable it cant be the power (at least I think so…)

Any more advanced ideas are welcome…

After talking to support nothing new came up. He also tried the above mentioned things. 

So I have to send it back and get it replaced. In Europe I cant even upgrade to the RAID system.

So selling the new unit on ebay and buy another RAID capable system afterwards and do some cloud storage…