Logon Failure Bad User or Password

The screen seen immediately after MyBookLive/Open and after each logon attempt (I experimented with variation like .\admin, …) is attached.

I discovered, too, that when I clicked MYBOOKLIVE or 192.x.x.x under NETWORK in file explorer or put it in the Windows File Explorer address bar the same thing happens. All of this is depite the correct mappings being made and the drive mappings 'reattaching after reboot and the links under COMPUTER to my two drive-mapped  folder shares in file explorer are no problem.

Then: found out if I put 192.x.x.x/SHARE or share/folder in the explorer bar it works right (no login box and the folder opens). 

So my problem only occurs to ‘top’ level links.Since no one else mentions it, I guess it is a bizarre personal copy of windows problem. If anyone can help … 

But discovering links to folders WORK I’ve solved a LOT of confusion trying to get all sorts of servers like Twonky, Servioo and Mediahome going. They’re going. (I still haven’t completely loaded all in one yet.)

Capture.JPG

1 Like