Login for private Shares does not work

Hey guys, i have a problem.

i have 2 shares

“Public” is public

“Guest” is private

and 2 Users:

admin - with password

guest -  with password

Admin has full rights on both shares and guest can not change anything on his private share.

I thought i can use the “guest” login when i open the “Guest” share. When i enter the login name and password it asks again for it.

I also tried “mybooklve\guest” as login.

I can use the “admin” login data to login for the private share, this does work.

With the Android app it seems to work like i expected it. So it is just a Windows problem?

Can someone help me please? I searched a lot in the web for a solution but there was no one which helped me.

Hi there,

Try to log off the admin user then log in with the guest alone, since the other folder is public it should be accessible, windows sometimes does not like it when 2 different users try to log in to the same location at the same time.

So just to test try and  restart the computer and reconnect with the guest user that has access to the share and see if it is accessible like that.

Or try to connect to the share using the IP address instead of the name of the unit and see if you can access the share.

Hope this helps. 

Thank you for ur tip with the IP address, it did work.

I created a new private share and this one works with \MYBOOKLIVE"private share name"

I dont understand this :smiley:

And now i can not login on the private shares with my admin data. This is so ridiculous.

EDIT:

It does work after a restart of the pc.

Now i have a problem with the wd2go server. i can not connect to my mybooklive. when i choose it, it says: “website is not available” 

And did work a few days ago :cry:

Someone knows what to do?

EDIT2: 

Port Forwarding didnt work, i just deactivated it and restarted, activated and another restart.

Now it seems to work.

But now another problem: 

In the URL it says  http://192.168.178.60/Admin/webapp… 

But before it was: http://mybooklive-device*ID*.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/MapDrive.jar?v=18

And now he does need permission to show the java applet, i already added it. But it does not show me my shares.

what is going wrong again?!? xD

EDIT3:

I deactivated in my Router the UPnP Support, now it works as i before.

Is there any possibility to use the UPnP support and the working java applet?

EDIT4:

Now it works. I think it was a restart which solved the problem. I also added the IP of the MBL to the java permissions.