Issues mapping drive to Windows 7

Hi Everyone

In my last post I managed to find the sollution to my file share woes, so I am hoping someone can help me with this one.

Obviously to set up the shares correctly I have had to make them private and this has made the mapping of the drive really difficult

I have 2 shares that are password protected for work and then the familys shares are not

When trying to map the drives I am being asked for a username and password, I also am assuming that I need to get the domain correct.

Do I keep the domain as david-pc or mybooklive?

Next is the username the one for the user / share, therefore is the share has I password i’m assuming I need to add this here, if it doesn’t have a password can I ignore adding one here.

Finally can I actually add all 4 users / shares as mapped drives?

I did think of working around this by clicking on network and then accessing the shares this way, this works for the non-password protected shares but not the password protected ones, it is still asking for a username and password and is not excepting the ones I setup for the shares.

Really Confused, please help

David

Make sure no other shares are mapped at the moment.

You can map the share by right clicking on the share name and selecting " Map Network Drive".

Enter the user name and password for that share.

1 Like