Internet access not working, local network access working

Hello,

With iphone  (iOS 6.1.3) using WD2Go app (Version 2.3.0):

on local network Wifi: Connect Now>MyBookLive>Shares: Complete list available

on internet using 3G: Connect Now>MyBookLive>Shares: Loading… and after a while I get following message: “Device Offline This device is inaccessible; only local files are available” :cry:

Do you have any idea what is happening?

3G = internet access

Network wifi = LAN

Chances are you will need to go to the remote setting on MBL and allow the user/device.

Thank for your reply Shabuboy.

Done on MBL:

Settings>Remote Access>Mobile access>Mobile devices>Select user>XXXX XXXX XXXX

On MBL I have “New device - waiting”

Done on iphone using internet access:

1.Connect now>Add Manually WD Device>Activation Code>XXXX XXXX XXXX>MyBookLive>Done

2.Connect now>MyBookLive>Shares…Loading for a while and then error message “Device Offline…”

On MBL I have always “New device - waiting”

If I switch now to LAN, on MBL I see “Device name - Connected - WD 2go - User”

Any other idea?

If you followed the instructions as on manual, no, no other ideas. Sorry.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m having exactly the same issue. I setup the MBL and the users exactly as described in the manual. I have connect the device using the correct user and can access when I’m on my LAN.

As soon as I am out of the house I can’t get into the MBL all I see is “Device Offline” (edit: I should just say that I’m trying to access this via iphone 4s 3g)

can anyone shed some light on this?

1 Like

Strange we are only two with this issue :frowning:    Maybe other users are using their MLB only localy :)?

Is there anyone who can help me checking if there are some limitation that MLB does not detect (I have on dashboard/Settings/Remote Access/Connection Status: “Connected/Port forwarding connection established”).

Thank you.

Hello,

I have made some search with same issue:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Can-t-use-web-access-via-wd2go/td-p/329521

But until now, no solution…

I also have same issue with MBL. Can anyone help on it. It’s just happended after I reboot MBL

Hello,

when I change the name of the device in dashboard, the name is also changed in WD2Go, so the device is well know by WD2Go.

I have made some “long restore”  and I get always the same issues.

Does someone have any idea how the device is going to fetch content on the MBL? What could block the device to fetch the shares on MBL?

Hello,

After a lot of research, I found a solution to get access which work for me (I have a thomson SpeedTouch 706 but probably it will work for other routers): I have assigned the public IP address to MBL. And now it works :smiley::smiley::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

You can follow the path Home>Home Network>Devices>Assign the public IP address of a connection to a device.

I do not know yet if this is the best solution, if anyone have other solution, please suggest and I will try…

From my experience, I would be very surprised that lot of people will be able to setup their router themself !

So, if you succeed using this method please take a few time to register and leave your experience.

Thank you to all followers.

HenriWD wrote:

I have assigned the public IP address to MBL.

BAD IDEA! 

Your MBL is now completely exposed to the internet, and anyone can get access to your MBL and can destroy your data.

1 Like

Hello TonyPh12345,

thank you for warning me! I will remove that.

But does it means the problem is coming from my router or there is another possibility? Sorry for this question but I am not very familiar with router

I have installed new Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022 (10/7/13) yesterday but it doesn’t seams to solve my issue. After unflagging/flagging “Remote access” , I have now Connection status “Connected/Port forwarding connection established”. I have tried again to get access from PC or iphone on the web without success :confounded:

I do not why but disable uPnP on my router, allows me to use MBL from ouside my lan with my iphone.:smiley:

So issue with iphone is maybe solved. I say maybe because my last solution was bad…:confounded:

But when I want my PC to connect via wd2go outside my lan, just after “View my shares”, I can see shares(3) but I can not see those shares and I get following message:

ClassNotFoundException
com.wd.nas4g.mapdrive.MapDrive.class

Anyone?

Hello,

I succeed to use WD Cloud application remotely :smiley:

What is now missing is the possibility to do backup remotely with MBL, for this I have to solve following issue:

When connecting via wd2go site outside my lan, just after “View my shares”, I can see shares(3) but I cannot see those shares and I get following message:

ClassNotFoundException
com.wd.nas4g.mapdrive.MapDrive.class:cry:

I found the following in forum:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/WD-2-Go-Access-Error/m-p/522396/highlight/true#M16986
http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/Error-when-remoting-in/m-p/584424/highlight/true#M4783

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/MyBookLive-WD2Go-Drive-Mapping-Error/m-p/361867/highlight/true#M9420

Hello,

From friends place, I succeed to use WD Cloud application and succeed to use wd2go site :smiley:

From work place, I succeed to use WD Cloud application but  I did not succeed to use wd2go site (see previous message) :cry:

So it is plausible that the previous message was misleading. It is a pitty that there is no tool/procedure which could help us to discover this. This could avoid a lot of frustation from clients. :confounded:

I wonder also why WD Cloud application is working and not wd2go site from work place. Are they not using same chanels?

HenriWD wrote:

Hello,

I wonder also why WD Cloud application is working and not wd2go site from work place. Are they not using same chanels?

Same thing at my workplace, but it is due to firewall rules.  WiFi access to the internet is more tightly controlled than LAN access to the internet.  So I can use the WD 2go Desktop app on my wired PC, but not when it’s wireless.

Disable uPnP on my router, allows me to use MBL from ouside my lan with my iphone and with my PC but I have some trouble with other devices so this is not a good solution.

From my understanding the WD device cannot manage the connection with my router correctly. I already get contact with WD support but they did not comeback to me after I send them the log…

Another solution is to change my router but I would like to be sure the new one will be really compatible with MBL. Is there a list somewhere?