Incorrect album artist in windows media player

When I view the media library from my WD My Book Live in Windows Media Player, the albums are not displayed correctly

Each of the individual songs in a compliation album is listed as an individual album with the song artist listed as the album artist insted of the “Various Artists” album artist that is set in the tags.  .

All other media libraries on my system display each compilation album as a single album with “Various Artists” as the album artist.

The NDLA server on the WD My Book Live does not seem to be reading the file tags correctly.

How do I correct this?

Does this happens in all files or only this particular album?

Is this an original album rip or just a regular compilation of files copied from a CD?

It happens with all compilations albums.  Some of the albums are ripped from a CD, others are collections I have put together.  In all cases, the “album artist” is set to “Various Artists”.

For albums with single artists, all the songs in the ablum are properly grouped into one album regardless of whether the “album artist” is set or not.

Might need to do some research in this one.

Since its only happening on compilation albums it might be the way the DNLA server render those tags by default.