I can no longer access the UI to change settings...etc, on my MBL network drive?

The subject pretty much says it all.  There is one more thing I should add.  I can actually access the UI, it’s just when I click on settings, the place where I can set up “Remote Access”…etc, always messes up.  I click on it and then it tries to display the screen, but it looks like it don’t want to line up correctly and then it just goes back the screen that you see when you first put in the password.  All of the other selections work, it’s just the settings selection that screws up.  Please help, I cannot set up any more remote accesses or check for firmware updates…etc.  I need help here please, thanks.

Oh, I’ve already tried using another machine thinking it was something having to do with this one machine, didn’t matter, still screwed up.  I’ve tried restarting, erasing the “temp” directory, cookies…everything I could think of and none of it worked.

Thanks in advance for any help.

What firmware are you on? I may have a fix for you

Try going to the settings screen directly by typing this in your web browser. This gets rid of the side menu and may let you change settings. I think ultimately you may need to reinstall the current firmware as it sounds like some dashboard files are messed up on your NAS

http://your mybooklive ip/UI/settings

change the “your mybooklive ip” with the actual ip address of your MBL

Let me know if you can then get to Updates and Update from file

A reboot of the MBL may also fix this issue, you just gotta be quick from that utilities link I posted above.

Or you could SSH in and issue a reboot command from PuTTY or Terminal

I cannot even see what the version is because of my lack of access to the settings area.  Thanks for the reply.

This worked to a point :).  I can now see the settings area, however it’s displayed over the other vertical menu preceeding it that lists the options Settings

Users

Shares

etc. and when I try to click on anything in the menu that lists out the settings area, I click on something else entirely that is being displayed underneath.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know how to SSH into the drive?

Thanks for the reply.  I’ll give the reboot a shot tomorrow and report back then.  I’ve been working on trying to get this running for hours.  Maybe if I give myself a break I’ll think of something else to do.

Sounds good… As long as you have SSH access, we can get you fixed up for sure. There are several options we can try. Hit me up tommorow and we will pick this back up

The reboot worked. Actually I couldn’t even “reboot”, I had to “shutdown” because of the problem I was having. At any rate, thanks for the suggestion and hopefully it don’t keep happening.

Nice, I had ran into dashboard issues similar to your a couple times and a reboot did the trick