How to prevent Mac to create 'temporary items' and 'network share folder' in read-only shares?

I use my WD MBL from my PC, and some of my family members access it through their MACs.
Problem is, everytime these mac accessed them, it always leaves these two folders on the shares. Eventhough they are set as “read-only”. How can this be ?? How can a read only shares still be added with this two folders? How do I prevent them to appear in an elegant way ?

Hello,

What are the names of the folders that are being created? And also verify if there is a program that might be creating them.

• network trash folder
  • temporary items

They are not being made by program, they appear each time a mac access the shares…

Yes, they come from the Macs, not sure if there is a way to delete them automatically.

Did a quick Google search and could not find anyting useful, lots of complains though.

You best bet might be to ask on an apple forum

Well I can’t blame apple for this. I think this is just the way apple treated network shares or some sort.

What becomes an issue here, how come WD let a system (which we called mac) to create a new folder each time it gained access to this “READ-ONLY network shares” ???

There an application called “BlueHArvest” for the Mac that looks after that problem and cleans all these pices of dirt on non-Apple formatted drives.  Not only will keep shares cleaned, but also any non-Apple external drives clean.

zeroonetwentyone.com/blueharvest 

I hope the link is ok. or just google it. I’ve had it for years and all externals and shares are clean.

Regards.

Are there any other solution beside this blueharvest app?

The app costs a lot only for hiding/removing these two re-appearing folders