How do I revoke access?

I created a private folder with a password. I accessed MyBookLive from another computer and used the password to access this private folder. Now, whenever I sign onto this computer, the private folder is always accessible. How can I revoke access to this private folder on only this computer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/remove-stored-passwords

Thank you for the reply… the link refers to Vista, but I found a similar page for Win 7 (which I have), but it did not address my issue… it refers to password vaults, and I guess I have not been using them, as there is not password vault that I can access containing any passwords.

However, for some reason, access has been removed from this private folder… could it be that this is done by default when the system is powered off?   Is there some special way to grant and revoke access to private folders?

Edit:

to make matter worse, I can no longer access this private folder… when I try, I am prompted for the userid and password. When I enter them, the dialog just pops up again asking for the same info.  I try this several times and eventually, it quits with the following message:

2014-06-01_22h22_16.png

Pauleduc wrote:

Thank you for the reply… the link refers to Vista, but I found a similar page for Win 7 (which I have), but it did not address my issue… it refers to password vaults, and I guess I have not been using them, as there is not password vault that I can access containing any passwords.

However, for some reason, access has been removed from this private folder… could it be that this is done by default when the system is powered off?   Is there some special way to grant and revoke access to private folders?

Edit:

to make matter worse, I can no longer access this private folder… when I try, I am prompted for the userid and password. When I enter them, the dialog just pops up again asking for the same info.  I try this several times and eventually, it quits with the following message:

2014-06-01_22h22_16.png

Yeah, that last part of the error describes what’s happening.

You’ve already connected to the MBL using a different set of credentials, so it’s not going to let you connect to the private share.

Chances are, you’re already connected to a “public” share, in which case it’s not going to let you connect to the private one.

So, are you saying there can be only ONE connection to MyBookLive?

No, I’m not saying that at all. 

I’m saying that Windows prohibits multiple NAS usernames to be connected at the same time from the same Windows user.

But that shouldn’t ever be a problem… just make sure all the shares you want to access are allowed by the same user – and log into the Private share(s) before you log into a public one.