How do I get this MBL to stream properly?

I’m running from a BT infinity router & WIFI 40mb down 10mb up.
I have a green light on the rear of the 3TB MBL.
I can stream videos, music to my PS3, IPad & iPhone in the house. With no issues.
Latest firmware etc…
Step outside however and it’s a different story…
Although I can see everything I can’t stream successfully. I have spinning circles for 20mins per 3 sec of video played.
On music I also have the problem even though the files are tiny.
I’ve tried it from 3G connections, 4G connections and loads of other fast Fibre wifi connections on my iPad & iPhone.
The problem is NOT the connection speed it’s definitely my server end.
ANY ideas?

I’ve had it a month now and my mate with a Buffalo just laughs at me as he said I should have brought a buffalo as he has no problems over his much slower network.

Humm, streams fine inside using wifi? Not outside using wifi? Do you live in a metal building? I would be looking at the router’s wifi signal.

Ah, sorry you’ve took me literally.
When I say “step outside” I mean accessing the server remotely from beyond my own wifi connection (In my office etc)

Your internet UPLOAD speed from your house, as well as all the points in between your house and wherever you happen to be, needs to be at least twice as fast as the bitrate of the videos you’re trying to watch.

My MBL is installed in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.   I have 40/40 FiOS internet.

I was in San Diego all last week with my family, and was watching episodes of Big Bang Theory streamed quite nicely via 4G  (not LTE.)

My rips of these videos are roughly 3Mbit/second bitrate, so they fit quite easily through that connection.

However, they wouldn’t play reliably at all on the Hotel WiFi.  (Hotel WiFi invariably stinks these days.)

But not even music streams?
My mate running a cheap buffalow has the same film files as me. His upload is slower and he has no problems at all

Try this test… Try simply downloading a video instead of streaming it. Time how long it takes and do the math to figure out what speed you’re getting. Have your friend try the same thing to compare.