Help please - struggling with streaming since new pc

hi everyone,

Wonder if someone can help or give me some advice for the MyBookLive I’ve got.

Previously it had been working fine streaming HD MKV files to my Smart LG TV, but since I’ve got a new PC the streaming is struggling. 

Bit of background info below…

Previoulsy Windows 7 PC with the MyBookLive connected via Wired connection to network port plug in mains adapter from my office to the lounge where the TV is. Accessing the Book through the TV was fine, and files would stream without any of the annoying ‘buffering / loading’, even the 1080p rips.

But now since I’ve got a new PC which is running Windows 8.1, it is so slow in accessing the drive through the TV (even just to view the folders that have been set up on there). Once finally in the folder and selecting something to watch it is struggling to play.

I’m not sure what is causing this… I’ve replaced all the network cables to CAT5e to see if that made any difference but it hasnt. On my network adapter I’ve also turned on Jumbo Frame and set to 9KB MTU to see if this would help but still no improvement. 

I’ve also done a full scan on the drive…

Can anyone help? Would a factory reset be the next option to try maybe?

Welcome to the WD Community.

You can try performing a four seconds reset from the back of the unit.

Also you might try resetting all the devices on the network including the router.

Thanks, I tried both of those but the issue still persists :frowning: any other ideas?

I would unplug and disconnect the new PC from the network, to see if the issue it is really the new PC.

But if one of the devices can stream fine from MBL, chances are MBL is not the issue