Help, bad video stream

I have following connection:

pc ----wifi---->mynet750<–ethernet—mybook (and mynet750 with DCHP off connected via ethernet to a combo router to internet)

in mybook are videos from iphone and camera in sizes up to 90mb.

No matter the size of the video, they just do not play smoothly, it is not possible to watch them.

Originally I just had the mybook------>combo router, but adding the mynet750 to the network did not made any improvement.

I am NOT using the 5ghz connection as I do not have it in my laptop.

Can someone help!!!

Thank you

I think you’re already onto it – the WiFi connection you have isn’t fast enough.

try this to see if you get different results…

pc ----ethernet---->mynet750<–ethernet—mybook

connected with an ethernet cable the videos are viewable, 

then suppose the wireless connection is the problem, I will get a usb wireless adapter that suspports n standard and 5ghz, it should work I guess.

thank you all for your responses

I stream using only Wireless G and have no issues. You have to see how strong the signal is regardless of wifi G, N, AC, etc…

I checked the issue with a usb wireless adapter with a speed of 300mbs and in 5.ghz…

mostly all videos can be viewable now, I really thought the issue was resolved, but now I just discovered I am wrong, it is not the definitive solution.

What the **heaven** do I need for a decent wireless stream… !? (so you will say I still need to improve the wireless capacities of my stone-age home network…?)

I think the benefit before having mybook, was better .

There may be some advantages (secured data, decentralized access, my cloud…, home network…) but not being able to see simple videos taken with my camera or iphone, is the biggest pain, and just for that I really wish I would have not bought mybook, mynet, and the usb wireless adapter.

I was happier before that.

I have marked the posting with the suggestion of connecting with an ethernet cable as a solution, as it solves the issue with a slow stream, however having 3m ethernet cable in each room of the house to move freely with a laptop is not the solution.

MBL does not have wireless capacities, so the issue is not the NAS. 

The issue is your wifi, and that can be anywhere, router, wifi client, signal strenght, channel overlapping, etc. Mentioned this as well on a previous ports.