Having problems creating safepoint on network attached hard drive

I wanted to create a safepoint on my hard drive connected to a usb port on my router.

When I do a create safepoint from the mybooklive UI, the router and hard drive do show up.  But when I select the hard drive for creating a safepoint, it prompts me to provide a username and password.  I tried my routers username and password, tried my admin mybooklive username and password, etc.  None of them seem to be the username and password the mybook live is looking for.  My hard drive was just formatted and shouldn’t need a username and password (can access it through my laptop)

What’s the correct username/password to use?

Thanks.

AFAIK, it is looking for your SMB credentials.

Do you see any option in your router’s admin page?

I can’t find anything on my router UI that mentioned SMB.

heehee62 wrote:

I can’t find anything on my router UI that mentioned SMB.

It would be under usb storage which is where a password can be applied.

No, can’t find a password.  Oh well, I’ll be getting a new router within the next few months anyway.  I do believe it’s a router issue so hopefully things will be better when I get the new router.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Good luck.

I’m having problems with safepoints on my Netgear R6300 router. USB drive is connected and at times the MBL will not see it to do automated backups. What’s strange is I get an email stating it completed successfully but the UI has an invalid operation error. Strange… hope support can’t sort it out.

Hope you got yours working.  

I’m having to do the transfer through my PC and file manager.  It’s transfering at 1 MB/s so it’s going to take more than 24 hours - **bleep**!

Definitely need to get a new router.  I had no problems with safepoint on my old WNDR4300 netgear router.  Transfering about the same amount of data took about 6 hours instead of more than 24.