HELP PLEASE... can't access my files

Please help.

I cannot access any of the folders or files on MyBookLive. I have tried to map the drive using WD Discovery, but just get an error after clicking on ‘Map Network shares’ It seems to run OK, but then the message ‘the network path was not found’ appears.??

I have recently had a new Virgin Media superhub installed - could this be the source of the problem? I had to reset my printer etc.

I can access my files using the app on my phone, just not on my network.

Any help would be great - but please keep it in simple terms, as I’m not great with network stuff…

Thanks

ps - using Win 7

anybody??

Good luck with that P.O.S took mine it and its complete hard drive failure. Bought it 6 months ago and lost over 2 TB of RAW images of photography…I had 3 orders come in today and tried to access it and could not. I just lost a nice paycheck and learned valueable lesson store in 3 location and I will never buy another WD product as long as I live. Thnak you WD for screwing up my livelyhood…

percyp wrote:

I have recently had a new Virgin Media superhub installed - could this be the source of the problem? I had to reset my printer etc.

I can access my files using the app on my phone, just not on my network.

My guess is, that along with your new router, your PC created a new network profile (which you would have been prompted which type Public / Home / Work / etc) … and the settings on your PC changed with that new profile being set back to default.

Check your network configuration.

Can you tell me how I can check and amend?

Thanks

Just an update…

The MyBookLive sorted itself out without any need for me to get technical - by magic I think! 

:dizzy_face:

But I have to say that I’m pleased with the support that WD offered - phoning at a specified time etc…

The one thing most people overlook is “backups”.

NAS devices are just like any other hardware, can die any day. If you already have backups, good! If not, see this link:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/digital-storage-basics-part-3-backup-vs-redundancy/