HELP! My Book Live not showing up on network

Hey community.

I have searched the internet but cannot find anything that answers my problem here.

My NAS ‘My Book Live’ drive is connected to my network router which is a Netgear DGND4000. All works great, till recently. I had to replace the router for a new one (same model as the other one had faulty hardware). Anyway, it is connected to the router and it all sits connected to my desktop pc (Windows 8). I also have a laptop that is connected to the router via ethernet as well as the plasma TV for DLNA video watching.

My issue here is that my desktop PC all of a sudden does not show up the NAS drive under Network so I cannot access files on the NAS. BUT…my laptop works perfectly. It shows the NAS as a ‘Computer’ drive which I can access to get my files from as well as under ‘Media Devices’ and ‘Storage’. It also shows the correct icons. Even my iPad picks up everything for accessing files. It is just my desktop that does not!!! Grrr…

I can access the NAS using the ‘WD My Cloud’ icon that is installed and it’s IP address in a browser but nothing under Network. Keeping in mind that my laptop is unchanged and works perfectly.

Anyone tell me why this is so. Help would be great as I use my desktop for all my programs which access the NAS drive. ie. If I try to open a file in MS Excel that I kep on my NAS from the desktop, I cannot. I can however open it perfectly on the Laptop.

Cheers in advance

Elliott

I worked out the issue. Apparently, my McAfee Security had untrusted my network. I did not do this because it was working perfectly before. Anyway, I had McAfee trust my network again and went in and searched and added a device (searched for my drive) and Voila! Worked perfectly.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing what worked for you with the WD Community. I’m sure this will help other Users.

Regards,