Guide to deleting a Time Machine backup

Does anyone have an easy walk through guide for how to delete a TM backup from MBL?  Let me explain further - I have always found backing up Time Machine to be somewhat flaky with the MBL and stopped using it some time ago.  I currently have it disabled through Dashboard.

However, I currently have a 90 gig TM backup in my Public Folder and no matter what I do I cannot get rid of it.  If I select move to Trash then it starts the process to delete but nothing gets beyond there, even hours later.  I know you have to go into Dashboard and enable SSH but that’s as far as I get.  Obviously I don’t want to mess things up.  I have seen a couple for answers but they appear somewhat vague.

If it means going into Terminal then please make the process “clear” if anyone knows the answer that is.  I am using MBL with an iMac

Thank you.

Seeking update - has no one had this issue before?

I usually just delete the sparse bundle on the MBL and that takes care of it.

Sadly that is the issue. For some reason I’m unable to delete the sparse bundle. I get the progress bar to start the process but it never actually does anything.

What Iv’e ended up doing is moving all my data onto another drive and re-setting the WD MBL back to factory condition. What I noticed when it restarted is the option to have a dedicated Time Machine share. The only drop down option before for mac backup was public and private. This new share even has it’s own trash can. Although I previously had the latest firmware I did not have this option, which I find strange. Perhaps this is why I had all the problems trying to delete the backup task. In any event I shan’t be using it again for Time Machine as it was just to much trouble.