Getting my son's android tablet to work

Hi folks, sorry I’m new to all this and I’m struggling with the basics here.

My son has a android tablet. I’d like to give him access the the photos with WD Photos I guess, but I don’t want him to be able to delete anything etc. Just view.

I also want him to access to a movies folder. I have put all movies and shows suitable in a folder in the public share and moved 15 or 18 certificate to a movie folder outside of the public share. Also need read only rights to the shared movies.

When I first got his tablet I floundered around a bit trying to get things to work and now I’ve forgotten if I logged on to the network as admin or as a user I set up for him. Is there a way to check?

Is it possible to change user on his tablet so I can watch the 15+ movie folder?

So just to some up:

1. How do I see what user is logged in on the android tablet? and can I change user?

2. How do I set WD photos and WD 2go to read only?

Cheers

Hello,

At the moment, your son wont be able to deleted the photos while using WD Photo. The application it self does not allow eliminating the pictures.

Is it possible to change user on his tablet so I can watch the 15+ movie folder?

If you are using WD2go, you will be able to login as a different user.

If you are using WD Photo, the user will be the one that you set when you are adding the device through the mobile access tab in the dashboard of the drive.

1. How do I see what user is logged in on the android tablet? and can I change user?

For the WD Photo, you will be able to see that on the dashboard of the device under settings/remote access/mobile access. You will see the list of devices and the users that attached to it.

Please check page 97 to 111 of the user manual.

You will see detailed information about the remote access for the MBL.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705058.pdf

Hi there thanks for your help.

That did help but:

You can delete photos in WD Photos on Android. it’s just in settings, rename or delete and other stuff. I just deleted 2 photos from my MBL to test it and they’re gone. You can’t delete on iOS though or I can’t find it anyway.

I can log off WD 2go on iOS by pressing the ± button on 2nd screen, removing device and connecting again. It doesnt ask for password but I guess it is my phone.

I can’t find a way to log off on android. Only in dashboard to delete the account and send a new activation code for new user. not very practical.

Any ideas?

Cheers