Forgot password, but still accessable through android and laptop

As the title says, I am able to get into the folders on the 2tb My Cloud through my laptop (same network) and my phone using the android app. The android app works on same network and off.

I know I had to put in the credentials to at least the android, any way to find it? Even a  character count would help, or even first letter capitalized rule or something. I only have so many rotating passwords.

Right now my only limitation is accessing the drive via the web address for my LAN. The 192.168.x.xx, so I cannot get to the control panel.

Any help is appreciated.

I would be ok reseting the thing if the data stays safe…

Thanks

Doing the push-button reset won’t delete any data.

However, it might affect the Mobile Devices – they might have to be re-authenticated after doing the reset.   Can’t remember.

So the only downside of resetting is that I would have to relink my phone with the new password? And maybe remap the network drives? Would I keep the current folders the data is in under the different users?

I can do that. I had 2 security cameras saving motion to the drive, but after a firmware update to the cameras, I had to redo the login for the drive. I would rather have that up and running than not have to reset the droid!

Thanks

You won’t have to remap the drives, as that configuration remains unchanged.

AFAIK, the only changes are:  Network reset back to “Automatic (DHCP”, and the admin password is removed.

Just don’t recall on the re-linking.