Ethernet connection of mybook to asus TTF201

Looking for a little help if possible. I can see mybooklive through WD2GO on my Asus Transformer TF201 via wifi but I’d like to be able to transfer files via usb. I have a Bobjgear usb to ethernet adapter and I can us it see my router okay but when I direct connect mybooklive with the ethernet I can’t see it.  PC to mybooklive via ethernet is fine.

Im not sure this is possible with the MBL using a USB to ethernet. Because your going direct (without a router in between), have you tried connecting your tablet to your router via the adaptor?

Is there any reason why your wanting to bypass a PC for transferring the data? Is it because you’ve got a large amount of data you want to transfer or that you dont like wifi? 

Ive never tried to go direct from a tablet to the MBL, so I cant say for sure what the issue is.

No, I love wifi but when I transfered over 30Gb the first time I got the drive I almost exceeded my monthly limit.

I have a PC and that works fine by direct ethernet but the tablet doesn`t see the drive. The ethernet usb device does work because I can see the internet if i plug my router through it.

Im not sure how you almost managed to exceed your monthly limit as thats only set for using the internet. 

Within your own network, there are no data caps at all, only data you upload and download via the internet will be counted towards your data cap. Im not sure how your network is set up, but you may have been connecting to your device “remotely” (via the internet), hence the data charge. 

If its set up correctly, then the WD2Go App will just use the local wifi instead of using the Internet. However, if your router is not set up correctly, then your router would have to use the internet to upload to the MBL.

If you went to a web browser (from your tablet) and put your MBL internal IP Address in (usually starts with 192.168.*.*), do you get the device homepage or does it timeout?