Error 31655: Cannot establish remote access

Hi WD community,

After weeks and months of reading old topics about this, I still have not found a valid solution to this problem. When trying to generate a mobile access code via the dashboard, I get the error 31655 “Error generating code for your mobile device: You don’t have permission to access a resource. Please try again.”. 

I have tried both Automatic as well as Manual Connection settings for Remote Access and also have forwarded the ports 80 and 443 properly. When opening my Android WD Cloud app, it also allows you to connect in LAN directly, but when logging in with my username/password, it throws “User does not have permission. (403 11.10)” because there is no access set up. So currently there is no way for me to pair the devices.

I beg you, please do not answer with some cryptic scripted automatic response or ask me to hard reset my device or go back to an older firmware. It is unacceptable that the product does not deliver the functionalities it promises.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

qsharp

While I understand you’d rather have a more direct response able to directly and conveniently address the issue you are experiencing without resolving to a factory reset (Which indeed corrects system-level errors within the WD My Book Live OS) or advanced procedures such as a firmware rollback, there are times when the possibility of a device problem should be explored. Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,