Enter Network Password

Help,

Can anyone help? I’m trying to view the file on Mybooklive using the windows explore and the system is asking for a network password?  what??? I tried all possible passworkd and none seem to work.  A window security box pop-ups " enter network password to connect to: MYBOOKLIVE

I was able to view all the files in mybooklive before, and now that I recently had to “reset” on the back of the device. Since the reset, I have not been able to view the files using windows explorer, please help,

Efrain

Try to map it using WDlink. You can also try using the password that you use to log into windows or admin/admin.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8573

elarav13 wrote:

Help,

Can anyone help? I’m trying to view the file on Mybooklive using the windows explore and the system is asking for a network password?  what??? I tried all possible passworkd and none seem to work.  A window security box pop-ups " enter network password to connect to: MYBOOKLIVE

I was able to view all the files in mybooklive before, and now that I recently had to “reset” on the back of the device. Since the reset, I have not been able to view the files using windows explorer, please help,

Efrain

I’ve actually had this happened to me a few times, it actually wants credentials from the device not your local computer you should try the admin or a user from the mybooklive, but before using your credentials log on to the devices website and make sure the user your using has access to the shares

Alucardx23,

Thanks for you suggestions, I have tried my user log for windows, admin, anonymous, and none of the work.

Could this be an issue with the device; I had no problems before, but right after resetting (back of device) all the sudden I cannot view aything. *** Note, I’m able to log in the device thru the WD dashboard, and add, edit, the user(s) / password. 

Theagustin,

Thank you!!!.  it worked. here is what I did. 

Selected Shares

Selected Smartware

Created Newuser/plublic

went into windows explorer, selected Mvbooklive, the “Enter Network Password” box pop up, enter the used/password just created, and presto!!!..

Once again, thank you very much…

elarav13,

I’m having a similar problem.  I can actually see my files via a previous network link but can not log in to change any settings/shares.  Either the Network password is not working or I’m not recalling the correct password.  Would you clarify your steps, please:  e.g. “Log into the WD UI link” 

Thank you very much.

FOLLOW UP: Post is obsolete.  I did a hard reset on the back of the device and was able to return it to initial config (no password) without losing any files.  Thanks anyway.

The network password that the device is asking for is the one for your router…! This problem has absolutely nothing to do with the WD GoLive box, it is your home router network protecting you!

Go to your router, look on the casing (usually the bottom) and you will see some login credentials, usually starting with a username as ‘admin’. There should also be wireless login credentials - you do not need these.

The reason that your WD is asking for this password is because you have your folders set to ‘private’. If you set them to ‘public’, you will not need to enter this password.

You can change this in the WD Dashboard by clicking on shares; select an appropriate folder and making sure that the ‘public’ radio button is checked. 

Dont worry about going ‘public’. This does NOT mean that outsiders can see your stuff, it just means that anyone connected to your network, either by ethernet or wireless can view it. The private is only really relevent if you have provided shared remote access to other employees or colleagues for example and you dont want them viewing your personal files.

Hopefully this will clear up this long running confusion…!

Good Luck

1 Like